How To Make Homemade Ice Cream In Your RV
You don't need an ice cream maker to whip up a bowl of homemade ice cream. Try this super easy recipe for a sweet frozen treat this summer.
Making homemade ice cream is delicious and rewarding but it’s not always easy to do in the limited space of an RV. What’s great about this recipe is that it’s super easy to make while you’re on the road, it’s fun for kids, and it only takes about 5-10 minutes.
What you’ll need:
- ½ cup whole milk (or almond milk)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional ice cream mix-ins (like caramel or candies)
- Ice cubes
- ½ cup Morton Salt for Ice Cream
- Ziploc bags (one pint-size, one gallon-size)
How to make it:
1. In a small bowl, combine the milk, cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and other mix-ins.
Stir the ingredients until they’re well combined.
2. Next, prepare the ice bag.
Fill up the gallon-size bag with ice until it’s about half-way full. Sprinkle Morton Ice Cream Rock Salt over the cubes thoroughly.
3. Add the mixed ingredients into your small pint-size bag, seal it closed, and place it inside the larger bag filled with ice & salt.
If the bag starts leaking, you can double bag it to reduce the mess.
4. Shake it for about 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve it in a bowl (or enjoy it straight from the bag).
Add toppings like fresh fruit or chocolate syrup and your ice cream will be all ready. Serve it in a bowl if you’d like, or grab a spoon and enjoy it straight from the bag.
P.S. This would be a great activity to keep kids entertained on those long summer nights.
- 5 Quick & Easy Taco Recipes For Your Next Camping Trip
- RV Living with Cats? Here’s What You Need to Know.
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Visit St. Louis This Summer
Looking for a place to stay in SW Missouri? Come on by. Blue Skys RV Park has both short term and long term parking. We are a no frills, affordable, family friendly place to stay. Free Wifi and a laundromat. Whether you are looking for overnight, weekly, or long term, Blue Skys RV Park is the place to be. The owners will go above and beyond to make your stay a pleasant one. Check us out: http://blueskysrvpark.com