Top 5 Easy To Use RV-Specific GPS Systems
Let’s go camping! Grab the RV and hit the open road. Let’s enjoy the beautiful scenery and the adventure ahead. Let that adventure be painless and enjoy your travels. No need to worry about not being able to cross that bridge or clear the underpass. But wait, is the road safe for your specific RV/Motorhome?
Get yourself an RV GPS and save your RV from the dangers on the road.
NAVIGATE WITH EASE USING AN RV-SPECIFIC GPS
Yes, your phone has a GPS built into it; however, it does not know that you are driving an RV or towing a trailer. You cannot tell your phone GPS that information either. The phone will automatically calculate the route and give you typically two route options to choose from. Most modern GPS units will show you upcoming exits, gas, food, etc.; however, once you steer from your path you are unable to pause the GPS. Many GPS units do not have a large campground database in them. GPS units are all different and some do not come with free map updates. They may need to charge you yearly and must be compatible with Wi-Fi to download the newest version or update the map system. Always read the label on a GPS before you buy, for example some GPS systems are very similar to that of what is on your phone, the maps are similar and or identical. Your GPS may offer you great features such as a dash cam, traffic updates, or Bluetooth hands free from your phone. All those features are nice but are they truly necessary to get you from point A to point B? Depending on your vehicle you may already be equipped with Bluetooth.
There are several highly recommended GPS systems to use, either on your phone or as a stand-alone unit.
- RV LIFE GPS & Campgrounds APP must be downloaded to your smartphone or tablet and comes with a small yearly fee. The RV-safe GPS app uses your RV’s height, weight, length, and propane status to provide you with safe route options for your motorhome, 5th wheel, or truck & travel trailer combination. It has additional features to make your trip planning experience easier.
- The Garmin RV 785 Advanced GPS is another great option as it is designed to route according to your RV information and is on a 7-inch screen.
- The Magellan RV 9365T-LMB is linked with the Good Sam Campground Directory and shows you dump station locations as you travel.
- Lastly, the Garmin RV 770 NA LMT-S gives you access to live traffic updates and weather conditions as well as allowing you to share your location with friends and family as you travel. This GPS is also Wi-Fi-enabled to make it easy for map updates.
Fellow campers that are on the road just like you push for the use of specialized GPS systems to help make your next camping adventure more fun and enjoyable. The whole camping experience begins with the trip, let’s not make it a bad one.
- 5 Tips on Driving an RV in heavy winds
- 9 Reasons Why If You’re An RV’er You Need a Portable Power Station
- Finding Secluded Boondocking Sites Away From The Pack
Looking for a place to stay in SW Missouri? Come on by. Blue Skys RV Park has both short term and long term parking. We are a no frills, affordable, family friendly place to stay. Free Wifi and a laundromat. Whether you are looking for overnight, weekly, or long term, Blue Skys RV Park is the place to be. The owners will go above and beyond to make your stay a pleasant one. Check us out: https://blueskysrvpark.com
Did this article help? Please leave your comments below.